Random Pensieve

My personal pensieve for my precious thoughts on life, love, etc. (a.k.a. my much ado about nothing)

Friday, January 21, 2005

Aftermath

Still havent fully processed what just happened. Ive been texting former officemates asking for vacancies. Texted my brother too. He's understandably upset.

On my desk is a Smokey's Hotdog Sandwich. Something given to us after the meeting. A dole out, so it seems. I havent touched it. Afraid that if I eat it now, it would be the last Smokey's Hotdog Sandwich I'd eat for a while.

And I am supposed to do some revisions on a design proposal that we submitted two weeks ago. My mind's a blank. I have been looking at the spreadsheet since after the staff meeting. Nothing's coming out.

It's funny. Yesterday I was talking to someone who was offering me to do freelance design work for them. I told them that it would be difficult to do freelance work without the company I'm working for right now finding out. Well now, I guess, is the right time to send them a faxed copy of my freelance rates.

Funny also how I've been deleting emails sent by JobsDB and JobStreet without opening them so as not to be tempted to even consider applying. Well now, I guess, is the right time to visit the job search sites.

My mom once told us that our lolo used to tell how the new year would fare by observing the first animal sound he would hear during the parting of the year.

This year, as the old year bid farewell and the new year came with a bang, a cat in heat was meowing (I dont know how to call the sound made by a tabby in heat).

It was a good sign, I believe. A promise of productivity and fertility; as long as a tomcat would come and answer the call, that is.

So that is that. All I need to do now is heed the call of the tabby.

Here kitty, kitty, kitty...

P.S. I am about to take the first bite off the Hotdog Sandwich. Rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub... and more to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares Blogroll Me!

Powered by Blogger