Random Pensieve

My personal pensieve for my precious thoughts on life, love, etc. (a.k.a. my much ado about nothing)

Saturday, April 30, 2005

I'm 29?!

Got myself into an awkward (did I get the spelling right?) situation recently.

I was asked for my age and, without batting an eyelash, said, "I am 28 turning 29 this year."

I just realized my mistake when a friend of mine reacted violently when I told him the story. He said, "Anong 28, 29 ka na 'no, turning 30 this year!"

Now, don't get me wrong. My age has never been an issue. Honestly, it just slipped my mind (ooohhhh... I can even now see the faces of my friends!).

Life is such an interesting event that I wouldn't want to miss a single day of it. Not by any chance.

So, if by chance you hear me say that I am 28 turning 29 years old this year, just remind me. It's just the child within me trying to tide back the ebb of time.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    si KUYA talaga o!

     
  • At 1:08 AM, Blogger Albert E. said…

    Hahaha!

    I remember saying "Anong 28, 29 turning 30 this year kasi one year mahigit lang agwat ko sa iyo!".

    Kidding aside, remember me skipping one whole year? From 28, I turned 30?

    For whatever it is worth, you don't look a day older than 28 and 3/4's. muwah!

    labyu prend!

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger Paul Ancheta said…

    The year I turned 30, I thought it was the last year of my life. In my twenties, I would crucify my thirtysomething officemates and called them "Tanda" (accent on the second silabol).

    After I turned 35, I stopped counting my age. Now that I'm 41, I still think I'm 35.

    Just don't make me look at the mirror . . . and see those graying hairs.

    Have fun on your 30th year! You'll have ten fabulous years right ahead of you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares Blogroll Me!

Powered by Blogger