Random Pensieve

My personal pensieve for my precious thoughts on life, love, etc. (a.k.a. my much ado about nothing)

Thursday, April 21, 2005

That T Word

Today, an officemate was terminated. As I do not want to go through what happened the last time, I will refrain from making any comments that I might regret later on.

However, what happened today made me re-think who I can and cannot trust.

I am trusting by nature. I have always believed that man is inherently good.

Lately, though, I have noticed that in some instances, I have been wrong in trusting some people. I am a poor judge of character. That is my weakness. Show me a little kindness and/or trustworthiness, and my impression sticks.

What happened today made me realize that this has to change.

I need to be more discerning of the people I trust.

Trust is important to me. I do my best to maintain people's trust on me. I find it difficult to be in a relationship where there is no trust.

The event today proved that some people just cannot be trusted. Ironically, these are the same people who have difficulty trusting others. I may never know their reasons for this, but one thing is for sure: I cannot thrive in an environment where trust is never valued.

I am at a cross-road (yes, again). May guidance be mine.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Albert E. said…

    If our friend was reading this, the "T" word would be put in the wrong context.

    Dearest, always remember that we're here for ya. All I ask from the powers that be is for your happiness.

    And you're back... from outer space! That is sooooo fetch and knobby(oooops)! ;-)

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why not try to take a week off and come over here.. cheapo na naman tickets ngayon.. we can try to distribute your resume too.. padalhan mo nga ako ng kopya nyan!

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    thanks dearie.

    yeah, it might be cheap but i still cant afford it at this time.

    i will update you soon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares Blogroll Me!

Powered by Blogger