Random Pensieve

My personal pensieve for my precious thoughts on life, love, etc. (a.k.a. my much ado about nothing)

Thursday, October 21, 2004

A Little Dose of Laughter

It's 9:35 AM and I'm already at the office. For those who do not know me, 9:35 AM is quite an achievement. I was actually in by 7:30 AM but had to get a little shut eye since I haven't had any sleep since yesterday.

But that is not my point.

Since I was early (indulge me on this, please), I went checking the blogs of my friends for new posts and, at the same time, check out new blogs as well.

One of my favorite is Komedya. This blog I check regularly, specially during very stressful days. Reading the posts never fails to put a smile on my face, at the very least.

Just today, I stumbled upon this particular article in an interesting e-journal: Times New Romance. As always, the laughter the article solicited helped brighten up what would have been a long and tiring day at the office.

I love laughter. I love laughing at my self and with others (is this politically correct enough for everyone?). I am not good at delivering jokes, but I know a good joke when I hear one. Incidentally, I was awarded the "Most Infectious Laughter" in high school (no joke!).

Laughter has helped me and my family get through tough times. We laughed through our parents' separation (it was actually very surreal). Laughter allowed the wounds to heal faster, and forgiveness to flow unhindered.

When I was in college and my parents were struggling to support my studies, laughter allowed us to see through the fog of doubts and the hurdles of financial difficulties.

For someone who loves a good laugh, I have a very serious face. That is why I love looking at people who smile a lot. I love to be with people who know how to have lots of fun. I can spend hours just listening to and laughing at an interesting story.

I love working with people who have a great sense of humor. Laughter helps relieve tension at work and creates a conducive atmosphere for productivity at the office.

I am thankful for every chance to laugh, and a little dose of laughter each day is a healthy self-prescription I hope I can continue taking.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:31 AM, Blogger karlaredor said…

    ako rin mike separated ang parents ko
    and yes, there was a time when i failed an exam.. a grade of 22 percent.. and i just laughed through it.. but deep inside i was worried because i do not know how will i ever get through the other exams thinking that it was the first exam.. hehe

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    ei there miss red_door8. thanks for the comment. ang saya ng buhay di ba?

    keep posting life's komedya. you are helping a lot of us cope with life.

    hep hep hooray for laughter!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares Blogroll Me!

Powered by Blogger