Random Pensieve

My personal pensieve for my precious thoughts on life, love, etc. (a.k.a. my much ado about nothing)

Friday, October 29, 2004

Of Purpose and Passion

Some people live life with passion...

Others live life with a purpose...

And there are a few who live life both with passion and purpose...

I envy people who have found their passion, who have taken what they love doing most as their prime motivation in living their respective lives...

I envy people who have found their purpose, who have taken up their calling bravely and sought to accomplish it fully...

Unfortunately, I am neither of the three...

No, I am not living my life aimlessly...

And, yes, some things do interest me...

But there is nothing in my life that stands out as my sole purpose or my foremost passion...

Maybe I'm just too blind to see either...

Or maybe I've just been denying it...

Maybe I'm not even ready to accept the responsibility...

Who knows...

I don't...

1 Comments:

  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger jan said…

    i'd give you some lines form a graduation speech. i'd like to share them coz i believe with it's words.

    "Don’t waste your time on jealousy;
    sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind…
    the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself."

    "Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what
    you want to do with your life…
    the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22
    what they wanted to do with their lives,
    some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don’t."

    "Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as
    effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.
    The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that
    never crossed your worried mind;
    the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares Blogroll Me!

Powered by Blogger